First Steps that should be taken before hiring any Louisiana Private Investigator:
License Verification & Reviews
I. Litigation Preparation
II. Witness Preparation and Investigation
III. Evidence Processing
IV. Legal Research
V. Covert Surveillance
VI. Postliminary Investigations
I.) License Verification & Reviews
- Ask to see their current Private Investigator Agency License(s). (Renewed Annually)
- Verify proof of E/O insurance or request that your firm be added to their insurance policy.
II.) Litigation Preparation
Private Investigator Agency:
- Skilled at locating information quickly and efficiently.
- Quality Information Presentation
- Efficient Investigations
- A Private Investigator’s responsibility is to fully investigate claims and locate background information
- Exclusive access to info and resources
- Brings Real World Experience
- Must follow strict ethical standards and privacy laws
- Skilled at locating existing laws to build case
- Has limited time and assets to conduct a full investigation
- Must follow strict ethical standards
Where Private Investigators Enter
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can assist Law Firms as couriers and help prepare exhibits for trial, such as: map renderings, jury instructions, drawings, photographs and other media.
- Process photo and video evidence in a presentable manner.
- Consolidate all info in chronological form and process it into an easy-to-read format.
- Prepare written investigative reports and take witness testimony as required.
- Arrange a witness list with all known contact information and their relevance in the case.
- Assist with case management
- Process information found pursuant to subpoena Duces Tecum or court order.
- Obtain signed information release forms from witnesses.
- Locate hard-to-find information.
III.) Witness Preparation and Investigation
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can identify and locate witnesses.
- Conduct recorded interviews and take statements.
- Is trained to recognize deceit.
- Conduct background checks on witnesses in order to evaluate credibility.
- Processes and reviews all information and statements obtained for additional witnesses.
- Locate hard-to-find witnesses.
- Serve subpoenas and other legal documents.
- Is skilled in skip-tracing.
- Transports witnesses and experts to deposition if needed.
IV.) Evidence Processing
- Private Detectives in Lafayette LA collect and document all evidence.
- Secures evidence and transport to court while adhering to proper chain-of-custody laws.
- Can enlarge photographs if needed.
- Review all evidence and consult with relevant experts.
- Provide detailed report on evidence.
- If legally allowed, review physical evidence held by law enforcement or DA’s office.
- Private Investigators are trained to locate and review court records.
- Search for criminal and civil filings.
- Obtain copies of all relevant files needed for the case.
- Has exclusive access to online information databases.
- Research all case-specific topics.
- With written release, legally obtain records for use by law firm, including but not limited to; Medical Records, Criminal Records, Incarceration History, Employment Records, Military Records, School Records, Business Records, etc.
- A PI in Lafayette LA can perform Tort Claim surveillance.
- Workers Comp surveillance.
- Soft Tissue Injury surveillance.
- Skilled in the art of not being noticed.
- Has equipment specifically configured and designed to be hidden.
- Has High Quality video Equipment.
- Skilled in the art of pretext.
VII.) Postliminary Investigations
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can locate and interview jurors.
- Investigate any claim of jury misconduct or deceit.
- Conduct post-trial evidence based on any new information found.
- Obtain new factual evidence.
To learn more about how Top Echelon Investigation, LLC can add extra value to your firm, call (337) 290-1298 or fill out our contact form below.
Top Echelon Investigation, LLC is an investigation firm located with Opelousas, LA, with private investigators serving:
Baton Rouge, LA
New Iberia, LA
Morgan City, LA
Ville Platte, LA
(1) All content contained on this site, blog, or all other social media sites (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Google+, ect.) owned by Top Echelon Investigation, LLC is solely for reference purposes and should not be taken as legal advice.
(2) All information contained on this website *www.TEIsouth.com* is solely intended to be informational, based on the investigative experiences and opinions of Top Echelon Investigation, LLC.