I. First Steps that should be taken before hiring
any Lafayette private investigator
II. Litigation Preparation
III. Witness Preparation and Investigation
IV. Evidence Processing
V. Legal Research
VI. Covert Surveillance
VII. Postliminary Investigations
I.) First Steps that Should be Taken Before Hiring Any Private Investigator
- Ask to see their current Private Investigator Agency License(s). (Renewed Annually)
- Verify proof of E/O insurance or request that your firm be added to their insurance policy.
II.) Litigation Preparation
Private Investigator Agency:
- Skilled at locating information quickly and efficiently.
- Quality Information Presentation
- Efficient Investigations
- A Private Investigator’s responsibility is to fully investigate claims and locate background information
- Exclusive access to info and resources
- Brings Real World Experience
- Must follow strict ethical standards and privacy laws
- Skilled at locating existing laws to build case
- Has limited time and assets to conduct a full investigation
- Must follow strict ethical standards
Where Private Investigators Enter
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can assist Law Firms as couriers and help prepare exhibits for trial, such as: map renderings, jury instructions, drawings, photographs and other media.
- Process photo and video evidence in a presentable manner.
- Consolidate all info in chronological form and process it into an easy-to-read format.
- Prepare written investigative reports and take witness testimony as required.
- Arrange a witness list with all known contact information and their relevance in the case.
- Assist with case management
- Process information found pursuant to subpoena Duces Tecum or court order.
- Obtain signed information release forms from witnesses.
- Locate hard-to-find information.
III.) Witness Preparation and Investigation
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can identify and locate witnesses.
- Conduct recorded interviews and take statements.
- Is trained to recognize deceit.
- Conduct background checks on witnesses in order to evaluate credibility.
- Processes and reviews all information and statements obtained for additional witnesses.
- Locate hard-to-find witnesses.
- Serve subpoenas and other legal documents.
- Is skilled in skip-tracing.
- Transports witnesses and experts to deposition if needed.
IV.) Evidence Processing
- Private Detectives in Lafayette LA collect and document all evidence.
- Secures evidence and transport to court while adhering to proper chain-of-custody laws.
- Can enlarge photographs if needed.
- Review all evidence and consult with relevant experts.
- Provide detailed report on evidence.
- If legally allowed, review physical evidence held by law enforcement or DA’s office.
- Private Investigators are trained to locate and review court records.
- Search for criminal and civil filings.
- Obtain copies of all relevant files needed for the case.
- Has exclusive access to online information databases.
- Research all case-specific topics.
- With written release, legally obtain records for use by law firm, including but not limited to; Medical Records, Criminal Records, Incarceration History, Employment Records, Military Records, School Records, Business Records, etc.
- A PI in Lafayette LA can perform Tort Claim surveillance.
- Workers Comp surveillance.
- Soft Tissue Injury surveillance.
- Skilled in the art of not being noticed.
- Has equipment specifically configured and designed to be hidden.
- Has High Quality video Equipment.
- Skilled in the art of pretext.
VII.) Postliminary Investigations
- Private Investigators in Lafayette LA can locate and interview jurors.
- Investigate any claim of jury misconduct or deceit.
- Conduct post-trial evidence based on any new information found.
- Obtain new factual evidence.
To learn more about how Top Echelon Investigation, LLC can add extra value to your firm, call (337) 290-1298 or fill out our contact form below.
Top Echelon Investigation, LLC is an investigation firm located with Opelousas, LA, with private investigators serving:
Baton Rouge, LA
New Iberia, LA
Morgan City, LA
Ville Platte, LA
(1) All content contained on this site, blog, or all other social media sites (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Google+, ect.) owned by Top Echelon Investigation, LLC is solely for reference purposes and should not be taken as legal advice.
(2) All information contained on this website *www.TEIsouth.com* is solely intended to be informational, based on the investigative experiences and opinions of Top Echelon Investigation, LLC.